6211 Hollyfield Drive
Baton Rouge, LA 70809
Phone: (225) 755-1020
Fax: (225) 755-0073
The laboratory is particularly well equipped, and personnel are highly qualified and experienced, to handle metallurgical analyses. Metallurgical services range from chemical analysis for detailed alloy identification, to failure analysis emphasizing microstructure and fracture analysis. The application of multiple laboratory capabilities is particularly useful in characterizing corrosion-related problems.
Facilities & Capabilities:
- Optical Stereomicroscopes/Metallographic Microscopes;
- Scanning Electron Microscope/X-ray
- Fluorescence Spectrophotometer;
- Extensive Metallography Laboratory;
- Field Metallography & Replication;
- Hardness Determination (Brinell, Rockwell, Vickers);
- Sample preparation & Machining.
Non-Destructive Testing Methods:
- Liquid Penetrant;
- Wet Magnetic Particle Inspection Testing.
- Chemical Analysis & Alloy Identification;
- Identification & Interpretation of Fracture Surfaces;
- Microstructural Analysis:
- Phase Identification;
- Verification of Prior Thermal Treatment;
- Service Alteration.
- Manufacturing & Fabrication (Forging, Casting, Welding);
- Assembly Related;
- Service Induced (Failure Analysis).
- Research & Development;
- Forensic Analysis for Litigation & Expert Witness Testimony.