- Boilers & Furnaces
- Polymer Piping & Fittings
- Gas & Steam Turbines
- Paints & Organic Coatings
- Tubing & Piping
6211 Hollyfield Drive
Baton Rouge, LA 70809
Phone: (225) 755-1020
Fax: (225) 755-0073
- 6,000 Square Feet Laboratory Space Available 24 Hours a Day;
- Full Chemical Analysis Capabilities:
- Base Materials;
- Corrosion Products.
- Fractographic Capabilities:
- Optical Stereomicroscopy;
- Scanning Electron Microscopy (SEM).
- Complete Metallographic (Microstructural) Laboratory;
The broad analytical capabilities of the laboratory, combined with the experience of its personnel, offer our clients the benefits of a unique facility for the analysis of failed components. We have successfully identified the mechanisms, and in many cases, the root causative factors in failures of metals, polymers and ceramics.
In a typical analysis, critical chemical and mechanical properties are measured and the precise mode of failure is determined. Causative factors for failure are identified from a materials viewpoint. Remedial recommendations are suggested to prevent reoccurrence.
Facilities & Capabilities:
- Materials Characterization Capabilities:
- Scanning Electron Microscopy/Energy Dispersive Spectroscopy (SEM/EDS);
- X-Ray Fluorescence Spectroscopy (XRF);
- Fourier Transform Infrared Spectroscopy (FTIR);
- Argon Plasma Emission Spectroscopy (ICP);
- Ion Chromatography (IC);
- CHN Analyzer (CHN).
- Utilities - Conventional and Nuclear
- Insurance Companies/Attorneys
Typical Components Examined:
- Ceramic Insulators
- Bolts & Fasteners
- Fiberglass and Graphite Composite Components
- Electrical Components